First – Remove and Uninstall the current “old” MarketSharp Outlook Addin
If you prefer a video tutorial, please click HERE to watch the instructions!
1. Start/Open Microsoft Outlook and click “File”
2. In the menu on the left side click “Options”
3. Under “Outlook Options” click “Add-ins”
4. In the “Add-ins” pane look for “MarketSharp Mail”, if you don’t see it listed you may skip to Step 7 (make sure you look under “Active Application Add-ins”, “Inactive Application Add-ins”, “Disabled Application Add-ins”, etc.
5. If you see “MarketSharp Mail” listed then click “Go…” below, next to “Manage:” with “COM Add-ins” selected in the dropdown list.
6. A “COM Add-ins” window should appear. Find “MarketSharp Mail” in the list and click it so that it is highlighted, then click the “Remove” button.
7. Close/Quit Microsoft Outlook
8. Open Control Panel by clicking the Start menu, or “Windows” button. Type “Control Panel” in the search bar, then click on “Control Panel”.
9. Click on “Programs and Features”
10. Find “MarketSharp M Outlook Addin” and click on it so it is highlighted. If you do not see “MarketSharp M Outlook Addin” proceed to Step 13.
11. Click “Uninstall/Change”
12. A “MarketSharp M Outlook Addin Maintenance” window should pop up. Ensure “Remove the application from this computer.” is selected then click the “OK” button.
13. OPTIONAL STEP – Verify that “MarketSharp Mail” does not appear in Outlook under Add-ins. To do this, repeat Steps 1 through 4. Again, you should not see “MarketSharp Mail” listed. If you do see “MarketSharp Mail” listed repeat steps 5 through 7.
Second – Obtain and install the latest MarketSharp Outlook Addin
1. The quickest and easiest way to obtain and install the latest MarketSharp Outlook Addin is by copying and pasting the following URL into your browser (NOTE: you will need to have ClickOnce enabled or a ClickOnce browser extension or plugin installed):
2. You should see a window popup that looks similar to this:
3. Upon successful installation you should see a window like this: Click the “OK” button and proceed to the next section “Verify the latest MarketSharp Outlook Addin is Installed”
4. If you don’t see the window in Step 3 but instead see a window like this: Click the “Unregister” button.
5. You should see a window like this: Click “OK”
6. You should see the following window still: Click the “Register” button.
7. You should see the same window as seen in Step 4 above. Click the “Close” button.
Lastly – Verify the latest MarketSharp Outlook Addin is Installed
1. Start/Open Microsoft Outlook. You should see “Add-ins” in the Menu. If “Add- ins” does not appear in the Menu like in the screenshot below then additional troubleshooting is needed.
2. If you see “Add-ins” in the Menu. Click the “Add-ins” menu. You should see three options with a tiny little icon with a blue ‘M’.
If the icons in your Outlook look like the icons in the screenshot above then you should be set with the latest MarketSharp Outlook Addin. If the icons don’t match the icons in the screenshot above then additional troubleshooting is needed.