MarketSharp M now has the ability to automatically send email templates to a contact. This
Feature allows you to queue up one or more email messages to automatically be sent on a
Future date (i.e. drip marketing campaigns). The Auto Email feature leaves you worry-free
When it comes to remembering to send out those important emails.
Getting Ready to Email
Start the emailing process, by creating some email templates that you would like to send. These email
templates are separate from the email templates available in Constant Contact and the templates set up in your Outlook Addin.
To set up your Email Templates:
- Click the admin link in the upper right hand corner of MarketSharp.
2. Next under the Email Set Up area you will want to click on MarketSharp Email Templates.
3. To create a new email template from scratch you will need to click on the add template link.
4. Give the email template a name and subject.
5. Create your email using the features of the editor to format text, insert images, merge fields, and preview the email that will be sent to the customers.
6. After finishing building your email click the save button.
Using Your Template to Schedule an E-Mail
You can only schedule an auto email out with an activity or an activity process.
Using an Activity Process to Auto Email
- Click the admin link in the upper right hand corner of MarketSharp. (If you do not see the admin link you will need to get system admin privileges)
2. Under the Process set up area click on Activity Process
3. We will need to click “Add Process” to start creating your new email process.
4. Give the process a name if it is a new Activity Process. You will want to name it something that you will remember what you are using it for. Also check the boxes for “Use Saturday” or “Use Sunday” if you wish your process to be used on the weekends.
5. In the first drop down menu for “Type” select “Email Out”
6. Next select the reference for the email you are sending.
7. Assign it to a specific user or leave it unassigned.
8. Select a Due Date/Due Time for the email to be sent.
9. Select what template you wish to use.
10. After you have finished setting the process up don’t forget to hit the save button.
11. Find the contact record of the person you would like to set the auto email for.
12. Find the activity tab for your contact record.
13. Click the Attach Activity Process button.
14. Select the activity process you have created from the drop down menu and then click the “Attach Activity Process” button.
15. After clicking the “Attach Activity Process” button you will see your process attach and then click the save button to apply the process to the contact.
16. Your Auto Email information that was stored in the Activity Process will populate (you may modify or change any activity items you would like, the activity process simply saves you the steps of entering the same activity or activities over and over again) Click the save button at the bottom of the screen.
17. Your email will be queued to send at the date and time specified.
18. To add a single activity to email the contact, again pull up the contact record of the person you wish to email and click on the activity tab.
19. Click the “Add Activity” button.
20. Change the activity type to email out and select the “auto send” box (Fill out the other activity fields)
21. Fill out your auto email portion of the activity by selecting a send date, who the email is coming from and what template you want to use.
22. Click save after filling out the activity and your email will be queued to send at the time and date you have specified.
For more information on Common Issues with Email Marketing click the link.