Microsoft Office is an office suite of applications, servers, and services developed by Microsoft. MarketSharp makes use of or interacts with 3 of the main programs within office: Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Microsoft Windows – Microsoft has a series of programs called The .NET Framework. This series of programs allows Microsoft Office to interact with the Web. For this reason, a computer running on Microsoft Windows and using either Internet Explorer or Edge will always be the most compatible and have the fewest headaches.
- Apple OS X – There is nothing like The .NET Framework for Apple computers so if you have one you will need Parallels Desktop for Mac which will allow you to install a full version of Microsoft Windows, then a full version of Microsoft Office for Windows.
- Firefox – For Firefox to interact with the .NET Framework you will need to install an add-on called the
- Meta4 ClickOnce. Click here to install: Install Meta4 Clickonce
- Google Chrome – For Google Chrome to interact with the .NET Framework you will need to install an add-on called Meta4 ClickOnce. Click here to install: Install Meta4 Clickonce
Versions of Microsoft Office
In MarketSharp M, Proposals, Work Orders, Service Orders, and Letter Files all open in Microsoft Office.
- Exporting from MarketSharp M – When exporting reports and lists from MarketSharp M, you will have the option to export in .XLSX or .CSV format. Both will open in Excel or most other spreadsheet programs. As a general rule, if you want it to look pretty use .XLSX if you want to easily manipulate the data or use the file to import into another program, use the .CSV format.
- Importing into MarketSharp M – When importing you will always want to use the .CSV format.
Template emails can be sent using Microsoft Office.
- Microsoft Office 2016 – All Outlook email accounts need to be set up as “POP 3 & SMTP” or “Microsoft Exchange” accounts
- Microsoft Office 2013 – All Outlook email accounts need to be set up as “POP 3 & SMTP” or “Microsoft Exchange” accounts. By default, Microsoft Office 2013 is going to create Outlook accounts as “IMAP & SMTP”. This will not work and can not be changed after the account is setup. If you create an “IMAP & SMTP” it will have to be deleted and recreated as a “POP 3 & SMTP” account.